Saturday, September 23, 2006

5th Annual Camp Logan Days - Prairie City, Oregon


The Civil War has always interested me. As a little boy, my grandfather would tell me stories about his grandfather who fought for the south at Vicksburg. I attended my first Civil War reenactment this past summer and came away fascinated with the people who are passionate about portraying this particular time in America’s history.

Coming during the third weekend of May, 2007 is the 5th Annual Camp Logan Days. Camp Logan was a military post established in 1865 by the First Oregon Volunteers and was located approximately 5 miles south of present day Prairie City.

The reenactors will be portraying Camp Logan, Dixie Town and Grant County in the year 1867. You can find out more about this event on the Prairie City website.

No comments: